Sunday, April 25, 2010

Where Can She Be?

Since things have calmed down, I figured ok let's get back to writing. eh eh. I've got my hero and heroine, I know basically what's suppose to happen and I know the ending but . . . . My muse, as skitzy as she was, has definitely left the building now and the words and ideas I had are running in circles or jumping off the cliff into the abyss. Jeez. Maybe I could leave a trail of Reese's Piece's leading to my room to draw her out? Nah, if she's anything like me she'd want Lindt dark chocolate truffles. But then she'd have to fight me for them. I'm sure that won't help the relationship any. : )

To make things even more difficult, this will be written in the third person, which I don't feel comfortable doing but I feel it is the POV to use. (My first ms was in the first person and I was able to get into my character so much easier.) So I'm reading more books with that POV trying to see how everyone does it without head hopping. Will this help, I'll find out soon enough.

And to top it off, when I sit looking at the blank page I start to wonder if I should even be writing a romance. I know my strength is more towards action and fight scenes. I know you can have both in one story but action stories are faster paced and romance needs to go slower in order for the reader to relate to the couple. Ah, I'll figure it out or I'll put it up and try something else. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I hear your muse likes milk chocolate. You should be safe.

    ReplyDelete