"But they say to allow yourself to write crap."
"Not this much. Drop the pen before your notebook slams shut and refuses to ever open again," said my muse Diana, whose spectral essence appeared, this time, as a translucent pissed-off pixie.
I plopped my arm across the pages and gripped my pen more tightly. "But Nora Roberts said something like, ‘if it's not on the page it can't be fixed’."
"She was misquoted."
"How do you know?"
"Her muse, Terri, is my neighbor. We talk a lot. I'm sure you've heard of her. She's quite the celeb among writers."
I can't believe it. My muse is name-dropping. "What does that have to do with my writing?"
"Nothing, just passing on some info. As a matter of fact, Terri and I went out partying last night."
"So that's where you were yesterday." I tossed my pen across the desk. "If you don't like what I'm producing, help me. That's what you're supposed to be doing.”
“My nails aren't dry." She waved her hand in a half-hearted manner.
"And I have a headache. I'm still a little hungover."
"Are you making up excuses? You don't have a real head."
"A mere technicality. Why don't you call one of those writing group member friends of yours?"
"Because they're probably WRITING." I wiggled my jaw to relieve some of the pressure that had been building up. "Get your airy ass over here and give me some ideas."
Diana floated to the desk, sat primly on the edge, and stared at me.
"Um, this is a little embarrassing. You sure you can't call someone?"
"Double sure. Come on, spill it, toots."
"Well, um, I've been experiencing what we muses refer to as stimuli dysfuncti. It would appear I'm in the same boat as you."
I slumped in my chair and let out a long sigh.
Ah jeez, figures. I wonder if I could sell her on ebay.
Jolyse Barnet graced me by nominating my blog for the Reality award. Thank you so much. Now here are seven facts about me.
1) I'm a Taurus.
2) Though I'm usually laid back, I can have a temper. This has surprised some people. I don't know why. : )
3) I like doing crafts. I make cards, jewelry, stained glass, I sew and work with wood.
4) I don't like wine and am not much of a drinker, maybe 0-5 drinks a year.
5) I love find the word or hidden object games.
6) I'd like to try zip lining one day though I'm afraid of heights.
7) Though I really treasure quiet and solitude and seek it every day, I'd also like to be more sociable. These two sides of me can really create a problem at times; people never know which one it's going to be. lol
The following are the five bloggers I'd like to nominate for this award. Thank you ladies for your words, ideas and creativity.
Debora Dennis - http://deboradennis.blogspot.com
Lynne Cannon - http://littleloosecannon.blogspot.com/
Debora Dale - http://deboradale.com
Dawn - http://romancepuppy.blogspot.com/
Catie Rhodes - http://catierhodes.com